It’s hard to believe that the new school year is upon us and summer is coming to a close. Although we still have the long Labor Day weekend coming up, it’s fair to say the lazy days of summer are just about gone. The good news is we’ve got fall festivities to look forward to. Cooler days, football season, pumpkin spice… everything, at Crown Dental we’re ready to welcome autumn adventures.
Before we do and before you head back to school, book in with Crown Dental for a dental cleaning. Beam into the new school year with a polished smile and squeaky clean teeth.
A Clean Start
The perfect back-to-school outfit is best complemented by a clean, healthy smile. If you haven’t yet, book your dental cleaning before the school year gets well underway. Here’s what to expect from your teeth cleaning at Crown Dental:
- Get comfy in Nancy’s chair while she examines your mouth, teeth, and gums. Depending on the last time you had x-rays, she might start your cleaning by snapping a few to check for any areas of concern.
- Next up — plaque and tartar removal. Using a scaler, Nancy is able to remove tartar from between your teeth and along the gum line. This is where you might find yourself feeling a little red-faced if your flossing game has been lackluster or non-existent.
- Once all plague and tartar is removed, it’s time to polish your teeth for that super shiny, smooth clean feel.
- Lastly, Nancy will floss your teeth, removing any of the grit from the tooth polish that might have gotten trapped between your teeth.
- Rinse, spit, and your done!
- Dr. Chen will then come in to review your x-rays, if need be, and give a final, thorough check of your now sparkling smile.